I upgrades from 1.40 to 2.6.1. I ran "ikiwiki --setup" using my existing ikiwiki.setup configuration. I had many errors like:
/home/bsdwiki/www/wiki/wikilink/index.html independently created, not overwriting with version from wikilink BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 5) line 129.
failed renaming /home/bsdwiki/www/wiki/smileys.ikiwiki-new to /home/bsdwiki/www/wiki/smileys: Is a directory BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 5) line 129.
Probably about six errors like this. I worked around this by removing the files and directories it complained about. Finally it finished.
I read the config wrong. I was thinking that it showed the defaults even though commented out (like ssh configs do). I fixed that part. --JeremyReed
My next problem was that ikiwiki start letting me edit without any password authentication. It used to prompt me for a password but now just goes right into the "editing" mode. The release notes for 2.0 say password auth is still on by default.
It sounds like you have the anonok plugin enabled?
Where is the default documented? My config doesn't have it uncommented.
The third problem is that when editing my textbox is empty -- no content.
This is using my custom rcs.pm which has been used thousands of times.
Have you rebuilt the cgi wrapper since you upgraded ikiwiki? AFAIK I fixed a bug that could result in the edit box always being empty back in version 2.3. The only other way it could happen is if ikiwiki does not have saved state about the page that it's editing (in .ikiwiki/index).
Rebuilt it several times. Now that I think of it, I think my early problem of having no content in the textbox was before I rebuilt the cgi. And after I rebuilt the whole webpage was empty.
Now I regenerated my ikiwiki.cgi again (no change to my configuration, and I just get an empty HTML page when attempting editing or "create".
If the page is completly empty then ikiwiki is crashing before it can output anything, though this seems unlikely. Check the webserver logs.
Now I see it created directories for my data. I fixed that by setting usedirs (I see that is in the release notes for 2.0) and rerunning ikiwiki --setup but I still have empty pages for editing (no textbox no html at all).
Is IkiWiki crashing? If so, it would probably leave error text in the apache logs. --TaylorKillian
Not using apache. Nothing useful in logs other thn the HTTP return codes are "0" and bytes is "-" on the empty ikiwiki.cgi output (should say " 200 " followed by bytes).
You need to either figure out what your web server does with stderr from cgi programs, or run ikiwiki.cgi at the command line with an appropriate environment so it thinks it's being called from a web server, so you can see how it's failing. --Joey
(I am posting this now, but will do some research and post some more.)
Is there any webpage with upgrade steps?
Users are expected to read news, which points out any incompatible changes or cases where manual action is needed.
I read it but read the usedirs option wrong :(. Also it appears to be missing the news from between 1.40 to 2.0 unless they dont' exist. If they do exist maybe they have release notes I need?
All the old ones are in the NEWS file. --Joey
My followup: I used a new ikiwiki.setup based on the latest version. But no changes for me.
Also I forgot to mention that do=recentchanges works good for me. It uses my rcs_recentchanges in my rcs perl module.
The do=prefs does nothing though -- just a blank webpage.
You need to figure out why ikiwiki is crashing. The webserver logs should tell you.
I also set verbose => 1 and running ikiwiki --setup was verbose, but no changes in running CGI. I was hoping for some output.
I am guessing that my rcs perl module stopped working on the upgrade. I didn't notice any release notes on changes to revision control modules. Has something changed? I will also look.
No, the rcs interface has not needed to change in a long time. Also, nothing is done with the rcs for do=prefs.
Thanks. I also checked differences between 1.40 Rcs plugins and didn't notice anything significant.
Another Followup: I created a new ikiwiki configuration and did the --setup to create an entirely different website. I have same problem there. No prompt for password and empty webpage when using the cgi. I never upgraded any perl modules so maybe a new perl module is required but I don't see any errors so I don't know.
The only errors I see when building and installing ikiwiki are:
Can't exec "otl2html": No such file or directory at IkiWiki/Plugin/otl.pm line 66. gettext 0.14 too old, not updating the pot file
I don't use GNU gettext on here.
I may need to revert back to my old ikiwiki install which has been used to thousands of times (with around 1000 rcs commits via ikiwiki).
I downgraded to version 1.40 (that was what I had before I wrote wrong above). Now ikiwiki is working for me again (but using 1.40). I shouldn't have tested on production system
I am back. On a different system, I installed ikiwiki 2.6.1. Same problem -- blank CGI webpage.
So I manually ran with:
REQUEST_METHOD=GET QUERY_STRING='do=create&page=jcr' kiwiki.cgi
And clearly saw the error:
[IkiWiki::main] Fatal: Bad template engine CGI::FormBuilder::Template::div: Can't locate CGI/FormBuilder/Template/div.pm
So I found my version was too old and 3.05 is the first to provide "Div" support. I upgraded my p5-CGI-FormBuilder to 3.0501. And ikiwiki CGI started working for me.
The Ikiwiki docs about this requirement got removed in Revision 4367. There should be a page that lists the requirements. (I guess I could have used the debian/control file.)
There is a page, install documents that 3.05 is needed.
Sorry, I missed that. With hundreds of wikipages it is hard to read all of them. I am updating the download page now to link to it.
I am now using ikiwiki 2.6.1 on my testing system.