I didn't have Time/Duration.pm installed when I clicked RecentChanges. The perl failed. The CGI outputed the Content-type: text/html and the complete HTML which included the error in side of the paragraph tags. Maybe a newline was sent before that Content-type line. The web browser didn't render the HTML but just showed the source.

I can't reproduce this, I get a properly formatted error page. If you'd like to send me the page, I can try to figure out what happened. --Joey

The page is fine. I can reproduce by just putting a typo or error in a plugin. I used tcpdump. When I am missing plugin I get a newline 0a before Content-Type:

0x0030:  0000 0003 0000 0000 0a43 6f6e 7465 6e74  .........Content

And with it working, no newline:

0x0030:  0000 0003 0000 0000 436f 6e74 656e 742d  ........Content-

I am using mini_httpd. I guess I could try another webserver real quick.


Here's what I see, taking the web server out of the picture:

joey@kodama:~>~/html/ikiwiki.cgi 2>/dev/null |hexdump -C|head -1
00000000  43 6f 6e 74 65 6e 74 2d  74 79 70 65 3a 20 74 65 |Content-type: te|

No spurious 0a. With apache:

0100  75 6e 6b 65 64 0d 0a 43  6f 6e 74 65 6e 74 2d 54   unked..C ontent-T

Here the 0d 0a is a CRLF, and note that it's output by the web server, not ikiwiki. It's perfectly valid, while a lone 0a, just a linefeed, is not valid HTTP. Conclusion, this was your web server; it's not uncommon for hacky little web servers to not use proper CRLF's, and it works some of the time, depending on how strict the browser is.

I'm calling this done --Joey